- Remove your OEM factory radio
- Unplug the OEM factory wiring and plug in this wire harness
- Reinstall your OEM factory radio
What is it?
This wire harness provides a line out converter for connection to one set of RCA cables to provide an audio signal to an external amplifier. Also pre-installed on the harness is a remote amplifier turn on wire. This wire, along with a set of RCA cables, is run to your aftermarket amplifier. All that’s left for you to do is connect your own main power wire from your battery and a ground.
-A variety of wire colors may be used for the remote wire coming off the harness. Regardless of color, rest assured it is for the remote turn on of an amplifier.
- After completing all of the necessary connections, turn the adjustment pots all of the way down by rotating them completely counter-clockwise.
- Turn the stereo system on and adjust the main volume control on the stereo to approximately 3/4 maximum volume.
- Select one of the adjustment pots and turn it slowly clockwise until you notice audio distortion and then stop.
- Turn the remaining pot to the same position as the previously adjusted pot.