- Remove your OEM factory radio
- Unplug the OEM factory wiring and plug in this wire harness
- Reinstall your OEM factory radio
What is it?
This wire harness integrates a 4 channel amp that adds 45 watts RMS to your speakers AND provides a subwoofer signal output with remote turn on so a sub amp can be installed as well. No additional wires to run or connections to be made to get the 4 channel amp to work! Best of all, you don't have to know how to "tune" an amp! All your EQ settings are handled by your radio, and this power pack just amplifies them. There is an adjustment that lets you fine tune your system by letting you pick the type of signal you want to reach your interior speakers: Low(LPF), High(HPF), or full signal(OFF, what we recommend.) To control subwoofer volume we do offer bass knobs so that subwoofer volume can be adjusted independent of the radio.
- One (1) plug and play wire harness with a pre-installed power pack and subwoofer RCA output.
- Where this REALLY shines is when you've replaced your stock speakers with aftermarket 2 or 4 ohm speakers, and are wanting some extra punch.
- Use caution when installing this on OEM speakers, especially if they are 10+ years old. Some speakers are only rated in the 10-20 watt range, and while applying 45 watts to them isn't what kills them, its being heavy handed with the volume knob that does. :-) (Think speakers on the rear deck, or in a convertible, that have been exposed to the sun for 10+ years, it won't take much to finish them off!)
- If this is being installed on a vehicle with a "premium sound" system such as JBL, Pioneer, etc. this harness may need to be connected at the factory OEM amp and not directly at the radio. Again, use caution when doing this because you're really adding a good amount of power to OEM speakers!
|Ford||Edge (with 4.2-inch screen)||2011||2014|
|Ford||Escape (with 4.2" screen)||2013||2018|
|Ford||Explorer (with 4.2-inch screen)||2011||2018|
|Ford||F-150 (with 4.2-inch color screen)||2013||2014|
|Ford||F-250/350/450/550 (base model "XL" with CD) ("XLT")||2018||2018|
|Ford||F-250/350/450/550 (base model "XL" with AM/FM only radio)||2018||2018|
|Ford||F-250/350/450/550 (base model "XL" with CD) ("XLT")||2017||2017|
|Ford||F-250/350/450/550 (base model "XL" with AM/FM only radio)||2017||2017|
|Ford||Fiesta (without MyFord Touch) (silver dash)||2014||2018|
|Ford||Fiesta (without MyFord Touch) (black dash)||2014||2018|
|Ford||Fiesta (with SYNC) (silver dash)||2011||2013|
|Ford||Fiesta (with SYNC) (black dash)||2011||2013|
|Ford||Fiesta (without SYNC) (silver dash)||2011||2013|
|Ford||Fiesta (without SYNC) (black dash)||2011||2013|
|Ford||Focus (with 4.2-inch screen)||2015||2017|
|Ford||Focus (without MyFordTouch)||2012||2014|
|Ford||Mustang (with 8-inch screen)||2015||2017|
|Ford||Mustang (with 4-inch screen)||2015||2017|
|Ford||Transit (without NAV ) (with separate 4.2-inch screen)||2015||2016|
|Ford||Transit (without NAV) (without separate 4.2-inch screen)||2015||2018|
|Ford||Transit Connect (with NAV)||2014||2016|
|Ford||Transit Connect (without NAV) (with cd) (gray dash)||2014||2016|
|Ford||Transit Connect (without NAV) (with cd) (black dash)||2014||2016|
|Ford||Transit Connect (without NAV) (without cd)||2014||2016|
Converter adjustment instructions:
- After completing all of the necessary connections, turn the adjustment pots all of the way down by rotating them completely counter-clockwise.
- Turn the stereo system on and adjust the main volume control on the stereo to approximately 3/4 maximum volume.
- Select one of the adjustment pots and turn it slowly clockwise until you notice audio distortion and then stop.
- Turn the remaining pot to the same position as the previously adjusted pot.